Thursday, March 29, 2012

Inspiration

What has inspired me? Over the last twelve months I have tried to capture the things that inspire me, move me and.motivate me to work harder. Quotations, pictures and/or stories that gave me an extra reason to give a little push and keep going.  Just in the last month I have found a lot of inspiration from the outpouring of support that has come from everyone who has followed my 'story'.  And as the day draws near to get it on with FRAN I find myself working hard for the people who have taken time to send me a quick note of encouragement, a piece of valuable advice or to just show their unfaltering support.  Its been motivating to know that people who follow the blog do because they care about me and want to see me succeed.  Even with the risk of leaving someone out I thought a little shout out to of few of my special "peeps" who have inspired me along the way was appropriate. 

First and foremost Team Schafer, the three most important people in my life who have been in the trenches from the word go and who inspire me everyday to be a better person.  My main man, W, my husband, my bestie, and my sanity.  He has really seen the ups and downs of this past year, stuck it out and believed in me even when I didn't.  Then there is Little Miss M who depending on the day and her mood could either be heard cheering me on or asking me to set the weight down more quietly as it is "rather annoying" when I drop it and yell out . My momma's boy, J Dawg who has cried or slept through almost every workout I have ever done at Ignite but rewards me with smiles when I finish.  I hope that I have done right by them and that they are proud of me. 

Then there is all the other people in my life who have inspired me by just caring about me and what I was doing.  Like my"book" club and other non CF friends who took interest and followed me, put up with my weird coffee orders and listened to me ramble on about my snatch :) My fellow CrossFit Red Deer Mommas and my special CF BFF Rowdy Rusty for pushing me to work hard and making CF class much more bearable.  The rainmaker himself Coach IA2 and his wife Special K who let me pretend I worked at Ignite and gave me special privileges in order to achieve this goal .  All the coaches who offered their advice, encouragement and guidance and everyone I have ever wrote about and gave silly nicknames to.  All these people will be on my radar on Saturday when I think I just can't do one more thruster!   And last but not least my CrossFit Firebreathing hero, Fancy Nancy, who if I had never met I would have never thought this was possible:)  I look forward to having her beside me on the pull up bar this weekend. 

When I am laying on that cold, black floor, gasping for air on Saturday morning and finally get up to eat a delicious slice of my very NON paleo Fran cake.  I celebrate with all of the people who have been part of my very special journey and inspired me along the way. 

Thank you:)

T-minus 38 hours to FRAN DAY 2012

    2 comments:

    1. Dana, I am about to get all yellow so hang on! This is so much more than a WOD and I feel privileged to have watched your progress this last year. Perseverance, strength and commitment to yourself will make this Saturday a milestone in your life that you can look back on years from now and tell your grand kids about!

      Even though you credit others and talk about how others inspire you, you will truly see on Saturday how much you have inspired those around you!!

      I wish you the best and this has been the only time I am truly looking forward to doing Fran. See you on the floor

      IA2

      ReplyDelete
    2. Dana,
      It is hard for me to type as I can not see the keys through the tears in my eyes. I was just about to head to bed when I thought I might glance at you Blog to see if you have written about your excitement for this up coming Saturday. As IA2 has so eloquently put, you my friend are an amazing person who exudes inspiration with every second of your training and every word of your Blog. It has been an honour to follow you on your journey and I have a sneaking suspicion that this Fran is just the beginning of you "overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't".
      Again, as IA2 has stated, I too am truly looking forward to doing Fran this weekend, as I know are so many others. And I too will see you on the floor!
      May your thrusters feel light and your pull-ups feel airy!
      Love Fancy Nancy

      ReplyDelete