Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blogger's block

I thought a blogger never ran out of stuff to say! Isn't that an unwritten blog rule-rant and rave ALL the time even if its about nothing in particular.  Well its hard for me to admit it but I got nothin'.  There have been very few times in my life that I haven't found something to talk about.  I am good at talking, its kinda of my thing.  So the fact that I have written once in December and have about 6 half written mediocre "essays" that just aren't that exciting or interesting is a little frustrating and has started to wear on me.

To be honest I think that my naive idea to try one of the most famous CrossFit benchmarks was based on very little personal knowledge of what I would have to do to complete FRAN.  And as time has passed this fun way to get in shape has taken a serious turn! In fact I think like many who sample the kool-aid I might suddenly be in "too deep" to sarcastically comment on the things I used to.    

This new respect for the idiosyncrasies of CF combined with a lack of valuable screen time (wait a sec....valuable + screen time = an oxymoron) has left me with a very sparse blog this month.  I find that my time online has been consumed with other things lately.  Who knew that this one time, reluctant, weekend CrossFit skeptic was going to someday be scouring the Internet soaking up any and all information about anything and everything to do with this not so underground fitness phenomenon.  No seriously, I used to surf the web for cool ways to teach balancing equations to grade 10s or fun things to do with your toddler.  Now I am looking up ways to improve my front squat, finding tips and tricks to help my thrusters and the majority of my time I just watch videos from Mobility WOD....oh come on....you would be hard pressed to find a CF lady who doesn't love that guy....for that matter any lady who doesn't swoon over that guy...Sigh....

Inspiration will come...it always does, but for now I will spend my time pretending that K Starr is my personal mobility coach and even if I have nothing to ever say again I will at least be limber :)    
attemptedwriter.com


No comments:

Post a Comment